fredag 9 september 2011

Times a wastin

Being a mother of a active little one is time consuming, and so I am trying to learn to make bigger portions for dinner/baby food so that we can have things to freeze or to use the day after.

Take my last nights Mediterranean Chicken salad w/ couscous and feta, I made the recipe with only two chicken breasts, so what was left over was the mix of salad with couscous and feta. I of course could have made more chicken and had a ready made meal for lunch today, but instead I took the salad and added some chickpeas also known as garbanzo beans!


Chickpeas are high in fiber and are a good source of folate, phosphorus and iron. Great lunch to take with you in the morning to work, or for a picnic in the park!


A couple of spoonfuls and wolla!



I use organic chickpeas that are already cooked, but you can also cook dry chickpeas if you like. I rinse them a few times under running water and serve. The leftover chickpeas can be used in baby food, or maybe I will make some hummus dip.




Bon appetit!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar