torsdag 15 september 2011

Blood pudding-Ironrich

My daughter has been tested for practically everything now. She had not put on enough weight the last few months but her head has been over average. From writing what she eats over 3 days, to an ultrasound of her brain(to check for anything that could lead to a large head), to taking blood work was done and she doesn´t have any allergies or anything like that. I cannot express the feeling I have had before we got all the results, I was really stressed. Well the doctor called today and said that according to their nutrition expert she is taking in 1200 calories a day(she should be getting at least 1000 calories a day so she is eating enough), and that she is obviously just on the smaller side and that her head is probably just large because she was born premature. We will have a follow up appointment in three months, and the doctor ended with saying that she probably will just be a professor since her brain is so big haha :p

So her nurse suggested a few foods we could try to see if we cannot get her weight up a little higher. She suggested blood pudding! This a very common food in Iceland, and I guess it isn´t as rare as I thought here in scandinavia. I never liked it when I was a kid, and would certainly not introduce it to my weight loss diet now. I saw blood pudding in the store and saw the cost, 7swedish kroners! Which is about 1 US dollar! A huge thing of pudding brought home, and I fried a slice on the pan and served with a boiled egg and cut up apple for dessert. She ate it up like candy! Who would have thought :) The pudding is a 36% iron intake on a 2000calorie a day diet, my daughter is suppose to have at least 1000calories a day, so this is a great iron rich food with saturated fats that are essential for growth in babies and children, especially for brain development.




Try it and let me know how the kids like this one
Bon appetit!

2 kommentarer:

  1. aww Sara Dis the little professor...yes this is a great idea for Sara Dis to continue on... luv BB.

    SvaraRadera