söndag 11 september 2011

On the run

These days I feel like I´m always on the run, and with a new eating plan it can be difficult to remember to take a snack with me. I really love granola bars, but in the stores they are often expensive and full of sugars! I started googling but I found most of them to have LOTS of sirup or honey. Natural sweeteners yes but I really wanted to try one with out a bunch of sugar to see if it is really necessary...

This is my own recipe, I found nothing like it, but it was too good to not share!



2dl rolled oats
2dl whole wheat cereal(I used havre ringar that you find here in sweden, but cheerios would work)
1 1/2 dl mixed unsalted nuts and raisins(I used walnuts, almonds, raisins and cashews)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla sugar(I did not have essence and so this is the only sugar content)

The nuts I put in the mixer to chop them up(you could use a knife if you feel like doing the work), blend all the ingrediences together.
Coat a pan with vegetable oil or use a baking sheet and form the bars but make sure they are as flat as possible without falling from eachother.
Bake on 180degrees celcius for 20min


wolla! You have your own healthy granola bar :)
Grab one on the way out of the house as a snack or perhaps brake one up into a bowl and eat with low fat milk for breakfeast :)

Bon appetit!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar