torsdag 22 september 2011

Egg muffins

I just have to share this recipe, I take no credit for it, I found it in my loved South Beach cookbook. They are in phase 1 of the diet so considered a good breakfeast. These muffins are a great way to get variation or to serve with a nice brunch. These freeze well and can be heated in the microwave for those busy mornings. I did make them in small muffin forms and I must say that big american muffin forms might be a better choice, because mine flowed a little over the top as you will see in the picture series :p I also think you could add some milk to the batter to make them a bit more fluffy, but I will try that next time I make these. My little one got one for lunch today and was so excited to get something in a muffin form :)


4-5 Turkey bacon slices chopped
1/2 green bell pepper chopped
1/4 onion chopped
4-5 medium size mushrooms sliced
6-7 eggs
6 large muffin forms or 12 small forms
grated cheese(use light cheese for less fat)


Heat the oven to 220 degrees celsius, meanwhile heat a frying pan and fry up the bacon, bell pepper, onion and mushrooms until bacon is fully cooked.

Pour over into a bowl and let cool a bit. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and pour in with bacon mixture.

About 2 tablespoons in each muffin form(double if using large muffin forms)

When you get to this point you sprinkle over some cheese, I made half with regular cheese for my daughter and half with light cheese for my diet. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. 


Here you can see why I would use large muffin forms next time, hey cannot always make everything look perfect, but the taste non the less was great!


Bon appetit!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar