torsdag 8 september 2011

Deciding on a name

Welcome into my world of hobbies. I´m sure you are wondering why the name? What does the name mean? What are her hobbies? Why does she write in english?

Well, first and foremost I´m a mom. My daughter Sara-Dís was born prematurely at 34 weeks because I developed something called HELLP syndrome http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HELLP_syndrome, a rare form of a severe Pre-eclampsia. The first week I was in intensive care and my little daughter that was only 1950g and 43cm was doing just fine but was in newborn intensive care. You would think with all the medicine they had to give me that I wouldn´t be even thinking about breastfeeding, well I even made the nurses laugh. All I did was ask for a midwife, and a pump! To make a long story short, most of them never thought I would breastfeed, today I can tell you that my daughter was breastfed the first half of her life and is still breastfeeding before bedtime, she is 14 months next week. So if anyone does have a need for tips on breastfeeding don´t hesitate to ask, I am more than happy to share my experiences.

As you know I am born and raised in Iceland, but I have however lived in California(USA), Norway, and now I live in Sweden with my wonderful husband and daughter. I decided to write in english because I do want people that I know to be able to understand what I blog about. I express myself well in english and so I hope this is the best language to write in. Those of you who wonder about a recipe, or a topic I write about and are not sure please ask me and I will be more than willing to translate into your language, as long as I know that language of course!

I have always had a few hobbies, sewing, drawing, painting, even recently gone into a little scrapping. I do have to say though that my biggest hobby these days is cooking. As my daughter got older she of course needed to be fed more than breast milk. I followed in my mom´s footsteps with breastfeeding and so it only seemed fit to start out as she did with us. Banana, avocado and sweet potato were the first on the menu. My little bible online was wholesomebabyfood.com. A friend recommended it as it was a great site for inspiration to good and healthy homemade baby food. Now that my daughter has gotten to a faze where she wants to do everything her self it becomes more and more difficult to give her the right foods in form of purees and cereals because they are too hard for her to feed her self just yet.

I have now realized that I too want to follow my daughters eating. I too want to live a healthy life and eat wholesome food, so you will also find various foods that I make that make it fun to eat healthy!

The art of cooking might not be something I can master, but wholesome food and a decorative COLORFUL plate makes it really inspiring to keep on this wonderful hobby.

I will from time to time share my other HOBBIES and so a little colorful blend is what you will get!!

4 kommentarer:

  1. Gratulerer med blogg, Sigdis, jeg har legt meg til som følger, og gleder meg til å se alle kreative sider jeg vet du har :)
    Lykke til!!

    Klem :)

    SvaraRadera
  2. TAkk søte deg Maichen, har også lagt deg til, alltid morro å se hva du driver med din kreative sjel!

    klem :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Hurra for en bloggende Sigdis :D :D
    Gratulerer med ny blogg, gleder meg til å bli inspirert av deg flinka :D :D

    Masse klemmer fra Eva <3


    (wiiii, nå gikk det!! :D )

    SvaraRadera
  4. Hei Eva, så bra det funket! Takk for det, får håpe folk finner inspirasjon i det :) Klemmer tilbake :)

    SvaraRadera