torsdag 15 september 2011

Almond Fiesta :)



I browsed my South beach Diet book for inspiration for a recipe, I found a recipe for oven fried chicken with almonds, it sounded really good and so I decided to try it. I never really go faithfully after a recipe so I made some changes to it and thought I might share this wonderful dinner. It really had the taste of some fast food, but was about an hour to make. The recipe was just the chicken, so the side dishes I decided on as I went along. I call it a Almond Fiesta!

Recipe makes enough for 4 

3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped parsley(next time I will like to use cilantro/koriander)
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
pinch of ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 skinless chicken breasts(cut into thick strips)


Heat oven to 200degrees celsius. 

 Chop up the almonds and blend in a medium bowl along with bread crumbs, cheese, almonds, parsley, garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
 Place oil in a bowl and dip chicken strips in oil and then coat with the mixture. Place chicken in a baking pan and bake for 20-25min.


I have a chip making tool that you use in the microwave and so I made sweet potato chips, fried some bell peppers and onion on a pan and made a quacomole dip to serve with the chicken. I do think this would taste just as good with rice or perhaps a nice salad. 

Guacomole: take 2 avokadoes and mash with a tablespoon of limejuice, blend in some seasoning(I used a guacomole packet, but you can also just use salt and pepper).


Bon appetit!

2 kommentarer:

  1. a new way to make chicken delich!Bb.

    SvaraRadera
  2. :D Yes this one was a nice change for chicken :)

    SvaraRadera