söndag 11 september 2011

My fairy haven :)

My daughter seemed ready for her own room. I was ready before summer actually but I wanted to make her room special and so 13 1/2 months old she got her own little haven.

I still need to sew some curtains and a couple more pillows on her day bed, but until then take a look.

 The day bed that one day can be shortened in length for my little beauty when she is old enough.
 I just loved this light, bought at Ikea, and as you can see my little artwork in the backround.
 Her crib, I still have to do something with that wire that hangs from her wall lamp.
 Picture is a little dark, but you can see what she has on that wall.
 The pillow in the middle is my daughters birthday present from a friend. There you see my little loves name, Sara-Dís. Hello kitty is almost a given these days in a girls room, but the doll on the other side might not be. This doll was mine when I was little, to think this doll is over 20years old! The dress was actually Sara-Dís´s. Her great aunt crochet it, and since she was born premature you can tell how small she was since the dress fits on the dolly!
 The sheep rug was used before in her buggy, but now is a cozy extra warmth on the floor.
 This is the memory quilt I sewed for Sara-Dís´s first birthday. The pictures are from when she was only a few weeks old and some in the hospital still.
 An old dresser that still serves it´s purpose. 
 The disney picture is made by Sara-Dís´s aunt, and the picture behind is from me and my husbands first trip together to california, at Disney Land. 
The jewelry boxes are from her christening day.
 This green box holds all her first birthday cards. I plan on doing something with it, perhaps some decoupage with her name.
The jewelry box on top is also a christening gift.
 My mom got these vintage Winnie the Pooh figures in Denmark and Sara-Dís loves when she gets to hold them. 
The box in the middle is a music box I got at my baby shower, it is too precious.
The frame is a prayer in icelandic that she got when she was born.
 cute cuddlies I call them. The octopus i crochet, the fairy was a gift from a friend, and the little bunny is from my mom.
 This has to be my favorite. A friend that I have only known online sent Sara-Dís for her birthday. I love butterflies and since Sara-Dís got some wonderful cards for her birthday and christening, I hung up a few. The far left one is a christening card from my husbands sisters, and the two others are made by my two talented friends for Sara-Dís´s birthday :)
Cannot have a fairy room without Tinkerbell! I ordered this on ebay for not that much money, and I just love that they got the hyphen in her name right!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Nydelig rom, kjempe koselig =)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Takk takk, håper med gardiner og noen ekstra puter at det ser enda bedre ut, gleder meg å sette i gang å sy det :)

    SvaraRadera