söndag 11 september 2011

Biscuit, cracker, cookie....call it what you want :)

I am having the most difficult time giving my daughter her porridge, it ends up being a struggle and both of us get upset! This is getting to the point where she sees the bowl and can start crying. So I have to figure  a new way to give her this nutritious meal.

I have made porridge from scratch since she started eating it about 7 1/2 months old, however before the summer we saw that all she wanted was this and so it became easier to buy the ready made packs in the store. Now that she refuses I really am clueless and decided tonight to make oatmeal homemade porridge. Well it didn´t go so well, I think she got a few spoons and then just started crying. After I put her to bed I dug deep into my world of babyfood, and thought they do make teething biscuits! How about making a biscuit with what I have, use up the open packages of fortified baby cereal and the pear purreé I have in the freezer. You can also make these with  rolled oats, dry.

I am excited to see if she likes these, if anything this can be a great snack to have in her Munchkin snack holder


 If you make homemade cereal I recommend rolled oats or buckweat.
 Frozen pear pure in ice cubes, each cube is a tablespoon, great to sweeten many different types of foods or use as baby jam.
 I was out of baking paper and so I used muffin forms, I do NOT recommend this because some of the biscuits got stuck at the bottom.

Oatmeal and Pear biscuits

2dl rolled oats or dry babycereal(grøt)
2dl whole wheat flour
2 dl pear puree(you can use juice if you want them sweeter)
use more whole wheat flour if you find the dough to wet

Blend all the ingrediences together and put about a tablespoon full each on the baking sheet and flatten.
Bake on 180degrees celcius for 20-25min :)



And there you have it! Keep in an airtight container, perhaps serve with a glass of milk.

Bon appetit!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar