fredag 23 september 2011

Scampi soup with a kick!

My little girl is sick today and I totally forgot to decide on dinner for myself. So i checked both the freezer and fridge and some veggies, spices and scampi was put on the menu. This soup only took me 30min from start to finnish so it is a great healthy recipe yet not so time consuming. This is a spicy one so if you cannot handle it you just adjust the spices a bit to your liking.

(recipe makes 4 servings)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
20 scampi peal and devaine
1dl red lentils
1/2 green bell pepper chopped
1/2 zuccini cut in matchsticks
1/2 can crushed tomatoes
1/2 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
handful of long green beans cut in half
juice of one lemon
1 vegetable bouillon(buljong)
7dl water
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon dried chilipepper
1/4 black pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley
pinch of salt
1 can of light coconut milk

 This is what I found in the fridge and I had about 1dl left of my red lentils, plus scampi in the freezer. So I made a wonderful soup, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have, I have plenty left to eat for lunch tomorrow or freeze for later.

Begin on taking the frozen scampi and lay them in a bowl with cold water covering. Then in a large pot  heat the oil and fry the zuccini, onion, garlic and bell peppers.

While veggies are frying, rinse your lentils and add all the spices and lemonjuice.

Add lentilmixture with tomatoes  and 5dl of the water in with the veggies. Throw in the bouillon.

Bring soup up to a boil then lower heat and let simmer for 10min.

While the soup simmers, peal and devaine the scampi. Take 1/3 of soup and blend in a mixer, then add it back with the coconut milk along with the rest of the water, the long green beans and scampi and let simmer until scampi turns pink(about 5min)

Bon appetit!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar