fredag 9 september 2011

The addiction to bread

Ever since I can remember I have been addicted to bread, bread with cheese is also my favorite like my daughters. I guess bread isn´t so bad in it self, but what you put on top or perhaps too much of it isn´t so good. I have definitely cut back on bread, and realized that the type of bread I could eat would satisfy me more with a piece or two. If I do have bread for breakfeast I try and avoid it for lunch and vice versa. Bread with dinner is hard to keep away if I eat pasta, I still don´t know why!

I started buying here in sweden different types of bread, and the ones marked with a keyhole are according to my doctor good for you in right amounts, they are not sweetened and usually are not a white flour based bread.

What is the best thing to put on top of bread, cheese I would say of course, but what else would be satisfying and healthy, well I love tuna so tunafish sandwich it is!


Here I have used a Danish Rye or what they call Dansk Rugbröd. I do have a bread machine although I don´t use it enough, perhaps I should! Until then here is the recipe for this nice and satisfying lunch.

Tunafishsalad:
1 small red onion
1 stilk celery
1 boks of canned tuna in water
1 tablespoon light majones
1 tablespoon turkish yogurt/kvark (Kesam)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry herb of choice(oregano, parsley etc)
alfalfa sprouts(spirer)
cucumber slices

Finely chop the onion and celery and mix in with the tuna(drain the can of water first). Blend in majones and yogurt/kvark and drizzle with some seasoning.

Toast your bread if preferred and serve tunasalad with alfalfa sprouts on top.

Bon appetit!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar