måndag 19 september 2011

Roman Blinds

I have always loved roman blinds, they seem so neat and easy to pull up and down. So when planning my daughters room I just knew I had to have roman blinds. I found some fabric on sale at a local craft store(panduro) and it was the exact light greenish color I wanted, with an animal theme I really was excited :)

Here is a closer look at the fabric :)


So I ordered a roman blind system package from stoffochstil.se, I almost always order from here when doing my sewing because their prices are always good, great service and a huge selection of fabrics. Ones I started opening the package I thought to myself OH MY what have I gotten myself into! I have never sewed roman blinds and all of a sudden this looks so complicated!

The instruksjons were not the best I thought so I turned to my friend GOOGLE. I found numerous of tutorials and detailed help to sew the blinds but because every window needs to be measured correctly I did not get that much help. So using what I knew and what the instructions said that came with the blind system I started to cut the fabric. I decided to use a beige lining because the animal fabric was a little thin.  I do think I did something wrong, but last night it was about 11 at night and I just  had to give it a rest, so here is how far I have come and hopefully I will fix and finnish it tonight :)



Stay tuned for the finished product!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar