tisdag 10 juli 2012

Memory box: Tiny Miracle

Last year when my daughter turned one I made a memory quilt. I even printed pictures of her and us on fabric and sewed it into the quilt. Even though she was so little she really loved the blanket and looked at the pictures with a big smile. This quilt is used on her bed and is very much treasured.

Since she was born quite small (1950g) and premature I always wanted to make a memory of her first onesie, however I just haven´t gotten around to it.

Now that her 2 year old birthday is in a few days I have found the perfect thing to keep this precious memory safe and give to her on her birthday. She might not fully understand what it is, or maybe she does, but it is something that she could cherish in the years ahead :)

Take a look, a memory box frame. I started out with an unfinished wooden box frame and after some decoupage glue, napkins, and some pictures from when she wore this onesie I used glitter glue for a nice finish. A pretty scrapbook page and some glue dots to secure the onesie and baby cap and wolla!

I do think anybody could pick a special item of their children and frame it and get the same feeling I got making this, just so precious :)


Wooden box frame, napkins, decoupage glue, scrapbook page, and items I wanted framed.

 After I had decoupaged and added photos, printed on the right hand side the words "Tiny Miracle".

Final result :)




3 kommentarer:

  1. Så fint Sigdis! Jeg har laget noe lignende, bare med hvite boks-rammer fra IKEA, og hvit bakgrunn. Men nå ble jeg inspirert til å gjøre noe mer ut av det! Men du, hvordan fester du klærne? Jeg har brukt sånne foto-klistrelapper til å lime bilder inn i album, men klærne faller av etterhvert...

    SvaraRadera
  2. Takk Mrs. Mari. Jeg brukte først glue dots men etter noen dager løsna det. Jeg har nå heftet det fast til scrapbook papiret, det virker bra :D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Takk for tipset, det skal jeg teste :) Prøvde å bruke servietter med preget mønster i til decoupage på bakgrunnen i går kveld, men det funket ikke i det hele tatt. Det pregede mønsteret falt helt sammen. Så nå har jeg funne lysmønstret tapet, det skal testes i kveld!

      Radera