lördag 12 november 2011

Cheerio holiday cookies

I'm not really a baker but occasionally I like to make cookies, especially when christmas is near. I wanted to find a recipe for my daughter but most all cookies I have found have had a lot of sugar in them, so these that I have experimented with are a little less sugar although definitely a treat!

I have put in a couple optional ingredients as it would work as well if cookies are desired a bit sweeter, remember to use an extra egg if you use extra sugar!


Recipe makes about 40-45 cookies(two baking sheets)

3 dl cheerios (50/50 Havreringar, cheerios crushed)
1 dl rolled oats (ground)
4 dl whole wheat flour(*optional* all purpose flour)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 dl brown sugar (*optional* + 1/2dl white sugar)
1 dl vegetable oil
1dl butter

2 eggs(3eggs if using optional ingredients)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence


Grind cheerios and rolled oats in a food processor or as I used The time saver smooth chopper so that you have smaller pieces but making sure that it doesn't become powder.


Then mix the dry ingredients (not sugar) in a bowl. 
In a separate bowl mix the wet with the sugar and beat a little bit. 
Pour wet mixture in with dry and mix with your hands. 


Then form small balls(size of a teaspoon) and place on a baking sheet, press lightly with one finger to flatten a bit.

Bake in oven on 175 celsius for about 25 min or until golden brown.
My little one has already had these with milk and seems to be in love, so experiment succeeded :)


Store in an air tight container

Bon Appetit!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar