fredag 7 oktober 2011

Homemade falafel :)

I just love a nice vegetarian meal, and one of the most exciting things is a great Falafel! These I like making a big batch of and freeze the rest for my little one on those days where I do not feel like cooking, she loves these just as much as I do.

Falafel:

One pot of parsley, you could use cilantro(koriander) as well.
1/2 onion
2-3 garlic cloves
200g chickpeas(about one can) DRAINED
2 eggs
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder(optional)
Salt and pepper
bread crumbs
Pita bread


Sauce:
3-4 tablespoons turkish yogurt(natural yogurt)
2 tablespoons mayonaise
3 teaspoons paprika powder
1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

 Mix onion, garlic and parsley.
 Then add the chickpeas and eggs and mix well. Make each ball about a tablespoon and roll in bread crumbs. Fry on a pan with a little vegetable oil till cooked through on medium heat. 
 For the little one, she insisted on having more of the sauce after I showed her this, so the sauce is not so spicy!
And for the adults :)

Bon Appetit!

3 kommentarer:

  1. I think I'll run to the store and buy these ingredients in order to make falafel with the sauce:) thanks!Bb.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Made it now, numm, but I used cayenne pepper instead of chili power, it tastes a little funny, maybe I should use chili powder?..I prefer it spicy... Sauce numm, where did u get the idea!Bb.

    SvaraRadera
  3. I would use chili powder next time, it does make the difference. I found a recipe online, but as usual did not follow it but got a general idea, the sauce I kind of just blended yogurt with some spices and wolla! great that you enjoyed it BB :D

    SvaraRadera