söndag 9 september 2012

Cream cheese parfait with berries

We had family over for dinner today, and my sister in law lives a gluten-dairy-sugar-yeast free diet. I admire really how she is able to make food without all these ingredients that you find in practically everything! I was so puzzled as to what I could actually make, I mean you can even find sugar and yeast in chicken stock!

I ended up deciding on spanish rice, grilled chicken and fried peppers/onions with homemade salsa and avocado slices. I did however have sour cream and tortillas for that fajita feel for those of us who can eat that. The chicken and peppers were of course fine, but I skipped the butter for frying the rice, used chopped tomato can without sugar, and bullion without yeast/sugar. The homemade salsa was also made with sugar free chopped can tomatoes.

When it came to dessert I really was lost.......I mean, how do you really make a dessert that does not have some gluten, dairy, sugar or yeast.........I somehow whipped together something although I do not think it was totally allowed, I used lactose free cream cheese, but I would have rather wanted to find tofu cream cheese. I am sure if I had gone to the health food store I would have found it, but here in Sweden that store is closed on sundays. Note to self: visit the health food store ALWAYS before having my sister in law for a visit........lol


I actually enjoy making something different, and this dessert I want to share with you is just something I kind of whipped together without any real recipe. I have to admit I was very unsure if this would be eatable at all but it actually turned out quite nice and will definitely be something I will make again! Naturally sweetened :) This one is definitely South Beach friendly!


I call it Cream cheese parfait:

(makes 4 portions)

crust:
150g natural cashews
50g coconut flakes
10 dates
dash vegetable oil(next time I will want to use coconut oil)

filling:
400g light philadelphia cheese or lactose free cream cheese (total non dairy use tofu cream cheese)
3-4 tablespoons soya cream
agave syrup to taste (I used about 2 teaspoons)


Topping: Berries and chopped cashews 


1. In a mixer chop cashews and set a little aside for later. Chop the dates......add coconut flakes and oil until you get a wet crumble. Press the crust into serving glasses and set in the refrigerator.

2. whip together the cheese, cream and syrup to your liking and add to your serving glasses on top of crust.

3. Use your chopped up cashews and frozen berry mix (Here I used blueberries and raspberries) and sprinkle on top of filling


Serve chilled!



Bon Appetit!   


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar