torsdag 26 januari 2012

Lemon and garlic scampi with couscous salad

I just love scampi, not only for the taste but they are so quick to make!

This one reminds me of summer, but even in the winter I can enjoy this quick meal when I have very little time. This one is inspired by the South Beach diet, and is great for phase 2.

Since I am alone these days with my little one as my husband is working out at sea I decided to make a dinner for my self after my daughter went to sleep, so this recipe is for one.

10-12 scampi (devein and butterfly them)
1/2 solo garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chili powder
good drizzle of olive oil
sea salt
blended salad leaves
1 small red onion
olive oil
50ml whole wheat couscous
100ml water


Devein and butterfly the scampi, chop up garlic and mix in with the scampi. Add oil, chili powder, lemon juice and salt. Let it sit in the marinade while you boil up the water, add couscous and take off heat and let sit with the lid on for 5min. Rinse salad and chop up onion, and place on a plate and drizzle with a little olive oil. Fry the scampi on high heat in a pan, place scampi on skewers if you like, only turn them once otherwise they will get dry. Scampi are done when they turn orangepink! Serve with couscous and salad.



Bon Appetit!!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar