tisdag 20 december 2011

Chocolate coconut delights

I got a recipe for chocolate coconut balls and I must say, you would never guess they did not have regular white sugar in them! They are sweetened by using dates!

Here they are, wonderful for those that want to keep their waistline at bay, especially around the holidays :)

Chocolate coconut delights

100g fresh dates (cut out the stone)
2 tablespoons coconut fat/oil (regular butter can be substituted)
1-2 tablespoons unsweetened coco powder
1/2 dl rolled oats
2 tablespoons water

espresso powder or grated coconut flakes to roll the balls in.

1. Mix everything to an even paste in a food processor (I did this in my blender and it does work, however do it slowly and mix with a spoon in between, I would also cut the dates smaller before mixing next time)  I RECOMMEND REFRIGERATING THE BATTER FOR AN HOUR BEFORE YOU MAKE THE BALLS.

2. Roll small teaspoon size balls in the espresso powder or coconut flakes

3. Keep refrigerated

THE RECIPE IS SMALL, I MADE 5 TIMES THE BATTER AND GOT A COUPLE MEDIUM SIZED JARS FILLED!






I did not take a photo of the ones with espresso powder but they were absolutely delish as well :)

Bon Appetit!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar