tisdag 27 mars 2012

Spring is here!

I just love the smell of spring after a dark winter. Every spring I want to plant something but either I don´t make time or I forget to water the plants I do have. So this spring I decided to give it a try and really make sure that I water the plants!

Since Easter is almost here I bought a little pot with 5 tulips and planted them in an old ceramic pot and a new tin pot. I read a little about the best way to plant tulips in pots and it says that you have to make sure the compost is free from any air pockets, that means pack it tight and around the bulb of the tulip. Make sure you have spaced the bulbs enough, about one bulb size apart, and that there is compost over the entire bulb. When you are finished you want to place the tulips in a sunny area and water them often to keep the compost moist (I HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT)

I cannot wait to see these bloom, hopefully in time for Easter :) And then I will perhaps plant more flowers towards summer :)


2 kommentarer:

  1. Så koselig, det hører med til våren og påsken!
    Klem, Camilla.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Takk Camilla, ja det gjør det så absolut! Allerede fått et par gule tulipaner, våren er her :D

    SvaraRadera